In Rotary’s 100th year ‘Down Under’ we’re encouraging all Rotarians to join us for the Australia, New Zealand and Pacific Islands (Zone 8) virtual conference on September 11 and 12, 2021.
To celebrate our centenary, this year’s conference is all about sharing the wonderful impact of Rotary around the world. There are some great reasons to attend:
- Be inspired by Rotary projects delivering real impact in our region
- Meet some of our Rotary heroes – dedicating their lives to making a positive difference
- Hear what’s new from Rotary’s senior leaders
- Engage with the debate about the future of Rotary
- Learn new ways to get engaged and involved
- Connect with Rotary friends old and new
This event will bring together the very best of Rotary in one place over one weekend. You can participate from the comfort of your home or in a shared space with Rotarians and friends. To keep up to date with all the speakers and sessions and register, visit rotaryzone8.org.
- Rotary International President Shekhar Mehta
- Rotary International President-elect Jennifer Jones
- CEO and Secretary General John Hewko
- Trustee of The Rotary Foundation Gulam Vahanvaty
- Chair of Rotaract Australia Holly Corbett
- Ann Lee Hussey, Rotarian and polio survivor who has dedicated her life to saving other children from this terrible disease
- Rotary International Past Vice President Dean Rohrs, whose quest for equality and peace has taken her many places, including prison
- New Zealander Robbie Francis, peacebuilder and disability rights advocate, passionate about developing more inclusive, safer and peaceful communities
- CEO of Volunteering Australia Mark Pearce on the changing needs of volunteers
- Rotary International Past President Barry Rassin on ‘Shaping Rotary’s Future’
The convention will also feature a video showcase of some of the most inspiring projects in Rotary across our region and – because life needs music – the Melbourne Gospel Choir.
There will be breakout sessions on eradicating disease, changing lives, responding to disaster, preserving the environment, showcasing our impact, and growing Rotary through new clubs.
See you there!